It’s holiday time and we know what that means—trying to figure out something special for that long list of people you’re gifting this season! Instead of going into zombie-shopping mode and grabbing whatever typical item is easiest to get your hands on, “wow!” your mom, bestie, sis, niece or co-worker with the hottest in new beauty finds from brands I’m quite sure they’ve never heard of (fyi, lots of these are on Truhair’s sister site, founded by moi, called The Beauty Spy, which is a reveal of all of the fantastic beauty products I uncover in my world travels). Guaranteed, these gets are not already in her stash!
- It’s been called “the world’s prettiest lipstick” by beauty editors: Mystic Lipstick contains a real dried flower and 22kt gold flakes! The clear formula works with her own pH level to adjust to her perfect pink shade upon application. It’s a gift she’ll never forget.
- The Mystic Mermaid Chubby Brush swam into my heart the first time I saw these adorable little designs! Perfect stocking stuffer for the beauty girl in your life.
- Peripera Milk Blur Primer is a great way to give the gift of gorgeous skin! This product from South Korea contains goat’s milk from the island of Jeju and a ton of vitamins and claims to blur wrinkles upon first application. Get one for a girlfriend and one for yourself to look flawless in all the holiday selfies you’ll be taking!
- For spa lovers, give the gift of an at-home treatment with Huroo Huroo Sheets Masks. They give quick instant hydration to the skin while helping her to relax during the crazy holiday season! (We won’t tell if you self-gift this one!)
- Hair. Bands. Ever! If you have a cat lover in your life—and who doesn’t—you have to check out ETUDE HOUSE My Beauty Tool Lovely Etti Hair Band. I know, the name’s a mouthful but it’s a great stocking stuffer, perfect to sweep hair back while cleaning her face, applying makeup, whatever. And the little cat ears? Pure fun!
- Who doesn’t want to glow, especially during the holidays? For the times when there’s not Champagne around to help with that, check out Chosungah 22 RayBeam Highlighter. Created by KBeauty icon Chosungah, this creamy highlighter looks good on all skin tones, all ages, instantly giving your skin that cozy holiday glow.
- Everyone needs a great lip balm, especially since it’s getting so cold! While an ordinary hydrator stick doesn’t make for much of a gift, Holika Holika Lemon Cupcake Lip Balm is on a whole different level. It’s super-hydrating and the packaging is so cute it’ll score you major points, especially from the younger beauty mavens in your life!
- Instead of a gift card for a manicure, imagine giving her an at-home nail gel system that’s easy to do. Check out the Homei Weekly Nail Gel Kit from Japan; it features one polish and the special compact LED light box. Just apply one coat, use the light as directed and in 30 seconds, she’s done an “at home” gel manicure!