If the biome that creates your hair isn't in tip top shape, what is produced won't be grade A either. So here are some tips on how to keep your scalp in peak performance.
1. Use a scalp massager in the shower
Think about how you feel, how your head feels, and how your hair feels after getting shampooed at the salon. It is 100% because of the that scalp scrub you got. Get this effect at home by using a scalp massager when you shampoo.
- A deep cleanse removes buildup from the follicle allowing for healthy hair to grow
- A massage increases blood flow which helps increase the quantity of hair that grows
- USE: TRUHAIR Micro-Stimulating Scalp Massager
- RESULTS: Fuller Thicker Hair
2. (Scandal alert) Don't wait a week to wash your hair.
There are diehards on both sides of this argument. Some say to wash your hair every day to remove sebum, product buildup, and pollution in order to have a totally open hair follicle to produce, well, the best hairs. On the other side some experts say you need to train your scalp not to produce as much oil on the daily and that this can only be achieved by washing once per week.
Our opinion is right in the middle. These days most girls are trying to wash less. BUT typically they do so with dry shampoos which is actually not so good for your scalp. Yes you may be less greasy but you are not really training your scalp when using this method. We suggest to wash ~2x per week. Let your hair get greasy, it's okay, we promise. Brush your hair often to move the oils down the shaft of your hair for vibrancy and shine.
- Waiting at least three days allows your natural oils to work for your hair while also not allowing a ton of build up to occur. Try this routine to start:
- Day 1 - Wear your hair down, beautiful, curled & styled
- Day 2 - Either wear your hair down, half up, or in a cute pony if your feeling greasy
- Day 3 - Wear a pony or if you're feeling overwhelmed rock a stylish hat or ball cap
- Day 4 - Wash those locks
3. Use a Scalp Exfoliating Shampoo that nourishes your scalp too
Waiting longer to shampoo your hair means you really need to be showing your scalp some love in the shower. To be honest you can probably go more than three days between shampoos if you are using a scalp massager AND scalp shampoo. But a lot of scalp shampoos and clarifying shampoos leave your hair and scalp dry. Make sure your scalp shampoo is sulfate and paraben free, and doesn't just remove the bad stuff but ALSO puts the moisture back.
- Our shampoo and conditioner uses capsule technology to gently exfoliate and deliver nourishing a reparative ingredients to your hair and scalp a cleansed AND moisturized hair and scalp.
- FROTHY Moisturizing Micro-Bubble Exfoliating Shampoo
- WHIPPED Moisturizing Whipped Conditioner
Do these steps for gorgeous shiny full thick hair and let us know your results. We created these products precisely for the scalp and are dying over the results. We know you'll love them too.
The MOST important factor in the pursuit of healthy, luscious hair, is your scalp.
10% off with the code 'FACTS10'